It is the mission of the Roanoke County Sheriff's Office to provide
protection by isolating dangerous offenders from the community, security
and order in all courts of jurisdiction, and effective processing and
service of all civil papers in a professional manner, without prejudice
or bias for race, religion, or ethnic orientation.
- To provide a level of supervision and security in the jail that ensures maximum protection to the community, staff, and inmates.
- To provide an environment that meets basic human needs and dignity, free from discrimination and harassment.
- To provide programs and services to incarcerated offenders that
may enhance their vocational and educational skills, as well as
community involvement and re-integration.
- To provide a secure and orderly environment in all Roanoke County Courts and the Virginia Court of Appeals.
- To process and serve civil papers issued by the courts in a timely and professional manner.
- To nurture the personal and professional development of employees.