Master Commissioner of the Revenue
5204 Bernard Dr.
Ph: (540) 772-2046 Press 2
Fx: (540) 772-2015
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Commissioner of the Revenue is elected to serve the citizens of the Commonwealth by establishing the value of property for ad valorem tax proposed within the County and applying the tax rates established by the Roanoke County Board of Supervisors.
The County of Roanoke Commissioner of the Revenue provides fair and equitable assessments for taxation as set forth by the Code of Virginia, Title 58 on Taxation and the Code of Roanoke County as adopted by the Board of Supervisors. The Commissioner of the Revenue’s office is responsible for:
- Assessments and audits of individual and business personal property.
- Issuance, renewals and audits of business licenses.
- Real Estate Transfers and Real Estate Tax Relief administration.
- Assistance and processing of VA State Income Tax Returns.
- Assessment of Bank Franchise and Public Service Corporation taxes.
- Administration of excise (trust) taxes.
The office also maintains the Real Estate Land Books, Personal Property Land Books, and collects prepared food, beverage and lodging taxes. The Commissioner of the Revenue is a constitutional officer elected by the citizens of Roanoke County to serve a four-year term.