Better Buildings, Safer Communities
The Office of Building Safety enforces the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code within Roanoke County. This includes plan review, permit issuance, and inspection of buildings and structures during the construction phase.
The mission of our office is to protect the lives and safety of the residents and visitors of the county, preserve quality of life, and contribute to economic development.
We achieve this by establishing and enforcing minimum requirements to safeguard the public health, safety and general welfare through structural strength, means of egress, stability, sanitation, adequate light and ventilation, energy conservation, systems efficiency, and property protection.
Please note - Effective January 1, 2016 - All Commercial Plans
submitted for review will require 2 paper copies and 1 PDF digital copy, combined to one document. (CD, Flash Drive, etc.)
For more information, please contact the Office of Building Safety at (540) 772-2065 using the following extensions:
- All inspections, residential and commercial permit questions - Press 1
- Complaints concerning buildings or structure or work without permits - Press 1
- Development Review questions - Press 2
- Residential building plan questions - Press 3
- Residential site plan questions - Press 4