You can apply to join as one of the citizens serving as an Officer of Election! It takes over 200 Officers of Election working the polls to conduct an election in Roanoke County.
Whether you are a worker, student, retiree, or person of leisure, your desire to be part of the process and your willingness to work qualifies you for consideration.
As a registered voter in the Commonwealth of Virginia, you can serve your community and earn a little extra money as an Officer of Election.
- Setting up and closing the polls
- Checking in voters at the precinct
- Assisting voters with the electronic voting equipment
- Overseeing election procedures to ensure a fair and impartial election
- Participation in a training session before each election is required. You are eligible to work in any Roanoke County polling place, not just the polling place where you would normally vote.
All Officers of Election report to the polls at 5:00 a.m. and remain until results are reported after the 7:00 p.m. close of the polls. If interested, please submit an Officer of Election Interest Form
or contact our office at (540) 772-7500 for more information.