Telephone: (540) 772-2017
Email Daniel R. O'Donnell
Assistant County Administrator, Daniel R. O'Donnell has direct responsibility for several Roanoke County departments, including:
- Fire and Rescue Department
- Parks, Recreation and Tourism
- Police Department
- Social Services
Mr. O’Donnell also serves as a liaison to the following external agencies and constitutional offices:
- Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Commonwealth Attorney
- Community Policy Management Team (CPMT)
- Health Department
- Judges and Court Services
- Roanoke Valley Regional Juvenile Detention Commission
In addition to his administrative duties, Daniel R. O'Donnell serves on the following boards:
- Regional Juvenile Detention Commission – Chair 2012/2013
- Court-Community Corrections Criminal Justice Board
- Community Policy Management Team (CPMT) - Chair 2012/2013
- He also has served as project manager for major capital improvement projects including the Glenvar Library, Public Safety Center, and the Green Ridge Recreation Center.
Mr. O’Donnell has an extensive background in local government administration, including service as County Administrator for Steuben County, New York (1996-2000) and Berkeley County, West Virginia (1991-1996). Prior to 1991, he worked to promote economic development for two agencies in the Baltimore, Maryland area. He has a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from West Virginia University as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in History. He is a Certified Local Government Manager with the International City/County Management Association.
Mr. O’Donnell has served as Roanoke County’s Assistant County Administrator since June 2000 and also served as Interim County Administrator from August 2015 through December 2015.