Curbside trash collection is provided each week to Roanoke County residents and many businesses. Bulk and brush is collected on a biweekly basis from residences. Please enter your address into our new Trash App to determine your upcoming bulk and brush collection week.
- All items must be out by 7AM.
- All household trash must be bagged and tied in our cans.
- Bulk and brush piles must be separated for collection.
- We collect up to 4 passenger tires, no larger than 20" in rim diameter. Tires 17" to 20" in rim diameter must be cut in half by residents prior to collection.
- We do not collect dirt, rock, concrete, shingles, car parts or materials from paid contractors.
- Each household is provided 12 trips (no larger than a pickup truck bed) per year to the Roanoke Valley Resource Authority transfer stations to dispose of household trash, bulk, and brush items.
- To review Roanoke County Solid Waste Ordinance Chapter 20, please visit the Virginia Municode Library.
Trash Container Costs
Roanoke County Solid Waste provides lid and wheel repairs without any direct charge to residents, when possible. Please complete our online application, providing the alphanumeric container number, to request lid/wheel repairs. If we are unable to repair your can, we will provide a replacement can. There is a $65 replacement can fee. Please call Roanoke County Solid Waste at 540-387-6225 to provide credit/debit card information for payment.
Roanoke County Solid Waste provides bear-resistant latch hardware installation on Roanoke County trash containers. There is a $30 bear latch hardware kit fee. Please call Roanoke County Solid Waste at 540-387-6225 to provide credit/debit card information for payment.
To view this page in a different language, please use the Google Translate language selector in the top right corner of this page.
Upon request, alternative formats of Roanoke County documents will be produced for persons with disabilities and/or limited English proficiency. Please contact Mary L. Martinez, Department Systems Analyst, ADA Liaison by telephone (540) 777-6378 or email email@example.com for assistance.