Fire & Rescue Awards
The Governor's Fire Service Awards are presented annually to recipients in eight categories. Roanoke County Fire and Rescue is the only fire department in Virginia to have been recognized each year since the program's inception in 2002. Below are the most recent awards received by Roanoke County's Fire and Rescue Department.
- 2014 Governor's Award for Outstanding Contributions to EMS (PDF)
- 2014 Fire Chief Receives Lifetime Achievement Award (PDF)
- 2013 Governor's Award for Outstanding Contributions to EMS (PDF)
- 2012 Governor's Award for Outstanding Contributions to EMS (PDF)
- 2012 Regional Awards for Outstanding Contributions to EMS (PDF)
- 2012 Virginia Association of Counties (VACo) Achievement Award (PDF)
- 2011 Regional Awards for Outstanding Contributions to EMS (PDF)
- 2010 Fire and Rescue Governor's EMS Award (PDF)
Virginia Department of Fire Programs
The Governor's Fire Service Awards were established in 2002 as a formal recognition of excellence in Virginia's Fire Services. Nominees are carefully reviewed and selected by the Virginia Fire Services Board Executive Committee and forwarded to the Governor through the Secretary of Public Safety for final approval.
Western Virginia EMS
The Western Virginia EMS Region includes the counties of:
Also included are the cities of:
The VACo Achievement Awards is a competitive program open to local government members of the association. Held annually, it recognizes local government programs in awards criteria that include innovation, cooperation and model practices. VACo encourages all counties, big and small, to enter the Achievement Awards Program.