Stormwater Contractor Appreciation
/DocumentCenter/View/20306Contractor Appreciation Program
Land development in Roanoke County presents difficult challenges in the minimization and control of erosion and sedimentation and in the management of stormwater runoff due to the steep slopes and highly erodible soils in the region.
Because of these challenges, Roanoke County has created the "Contractor Appreciation Program" to recognize land-disturbing contractors who conduct exemplary work within the County relative to the protection of its natural water resources through the proper use of onsite erosion and sediment controls, implementation of effective stormwater pollution prevention and good housekeeping measures, proper upkeep and use of the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), if applicable, and the proper construction and use of stormwater management best practices.
For More Information
- Download the Application Process (PDF)
- Download the Application for Selection (PDF)
- Download the Program Description (PDF)
Which Projects Are Eligible?
All land-disturbing projects that comply with the selection criteria will be eligible to receive recognition.
How Will Projects Be Selected?
Roanoke County inspectors will submit candidate projects to the County Selection Panel, which will meet monthly to evaluate candidate projects for recognition and to review previously-selected projects to ensure continued compliance with the selection criteria.
- "Certificate of Appreciation" presented at a formal County meeting
- Permanent Sign posted at selected Project Site, entitled Stormwater Clean Award (PDF)
- Recognition at County-sponsored Erosion and Sediment Control Training events
- Recognition in It’s Just Dirt newsletter
- Recognition on County’s Stormwater website
- 1600 Bottom Creek Lane SFR, October 2017 (PDF)
- 4211 Allegheny Drive SFR - David Frank Homes, September 2017 (PDF)
- 6726 Waterstone Drive SFR - Dominion Builders, September 2017 (PDF)
- Christ the King Presbyterian Church, August 2017 (PDF)
- LewisGale Emergency Center, June 2017 (PDF)
- Parkside Storage Facility, September 2018
- First Team Volkswagen, June 2020
- 7345 Nandina Drive - Fields Construction January 2121
- Saint Francis Service Dogs Pavilion - May 2021