Vote Early In-Person or Drop Off Your Voted Absentee Ballot at the Following Locations During These Dates and Times
1. Vote Absentee by Mail.
- Submit your request to Vote Absentee online at vote.elections.virginia.gov, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by regular mail to P.O. Box 20884 Roanoke, VA 24018, or delivery to the Elections Dept. at 900 Chestnut St. Vinton, VA 24179.
- Call the Office of Elections at 540-772-7500 or email email@example.com to request an application. We will begin mailing ballots on Friday, September 18, 2020. The deadline to submit your request is 5:00 PM on Friday, October 23, 2020.
- Voters must return their marked ballots via US Postal Service, a commercial mail carrier, or deliver in-person to the Elections Dept. at 900 Chestnut St. in Vinton. Only the voter who requested the ballot may return it in person.
- If you request an absentee ballot by mail and decide to vote early in person or in-person on Election Day instead, you should bring your ballot with you; otherwise, you will need to vote provisionally.
- Ballots voted by mail must be postmarked on or before November 3, 2020 and received no later than 12 NOON on November 5, 2020.
2. Vote Early In-Person.
- ELECTIONS OFFICE: Vote early at the Office of Elections, 900 Chestnut St. in Vinton, from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, from September 18 to October 30. The office will also be open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Saturday, October 24 and Saturday, October 31, 2020. If you have requested your absentee ballot by mail and decided that you would rather vote early / absentee in-person instead, please remember to bring your unused mail-in ballot with you.
- ADDITIONAL BALLOT DROP OFF LOCATIONS: Two ballot drop-off only locations will be available for voters to bring their completed mail-in absentee ballots from 10 a.m. –5 p.m., Monday through Friday, October 19 – October 30 only.
- Hollins Library located at 6624 Peters Creek Rd, Roanoke
- Parks & Recreation Administrative Offices located at 1206 Kessler Mill Rd, Salem
3. Vote In-Person at your Voting Precinct on Election Day.
- We hope to use as many of our regular polling places on Election Day as possible.
- Should COVID-19 render a building inaccessible, voters will receive prompt notification of the name and address of their temporary polling location.
- ELECTION DAY DROP OFF POINTS: Voters will also be allowed to drop off your completed mail-in absentee ballots at ANY Roanoke County polling location on Election Day. You may visit https://voterview.roanokecountyva.gov/VoterView/ to find the polling place closest to you.