Path to Reopening
Glenvar, Hollins, South County, and Vinton are now open by reservation for County residents, Monday through Saturday from 10:00am-5:00pm. Patrons may make reservations for one hour time slots via this website or by calling your favorite library location. Note: If you are reserving for a group, please give us a call.
The library will close for cleaning from 1:00pm-2:00pm each day.
Upon arrival, patrons will receive information about the new protocols. Masks are required and will be available for free at the library, along with hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
One-hour reservation appointments are available Monday to Saturday at Glenvar, Hollins, South County, and Vinton from 10am to 5pm.
All libraries will close from 1pm to 2pm daily for cleaning. Curbside and drive thru services will continue during this hour.
If you are reserving for a group, please give us a call.
The library will look a bit different and services will be limited.
- While in the library patrons may browse the collection, use computer stations, and seek staff help via a barrier or at 6-feet distance to abide by social distancing guidelines.
- Blue bins will be placed around the library for all items that have been handled but not chosen to take home.
- Meeting rooms and other enclosed spaces will remain closed.
- On-site programming will be limited to outdoors with social distancing requirements. For a list of upcoming events, please subscribe to our calendar of events.
- All virtual programming and curbside pick-up and drop-off of materials will continue.
Curbside Pickup and Drop-off Information
- Follow the signs in our parking lots. Cones will be located in designated curbside parking spots. Drive thru windows are also available at Glenvar, South County, and Vinton.
- We are mask friendly.
- For returns, please allow at least 48-hours for materials to be removed from your account.
- We will have bins outside of the library for returns or you may use our drop boxes.
- Please practice social distancing and stay 6 feet from others.
- For returns: If you are unable to get out of your vehicle, please call the library and we will pick up your bagged or boxed items from your backseat or trunk in designated curbside spots. Items not in bags/boxes will not be taken via curbside. Book drops are available.
- Place your holds by visiting our online catalog or giving your library a call during operating hours.
- Once you are notified your holds are available, you will have seven days to pick them up via curbside or walk-up services - or with your library reservation.