View the Roanoke River Blueway Interactive Map.
The Roanoke Valley Greenway Commission is an advisory and support organization working to help build a network of greenways thoughout the Roanoke Valley. The Commission is comprised of appointed members from the participating localiltes (Roanoke County, the cities of Roanoke and Salem, and the Town of Vinton) and representatives from several partner organizations.
Roanoke Valley Alleghany Regional Commission (RVARC)
The Roanoke Valley Alleghany Regional Commission (RVARC) provides long-range transportation planning for the Roanoke Valley and rural localities in the region. The Regional Commission has completed many transportation-related plans and maps for the area that are available on its documents webpage, including:
- Bikeway Plan for the Roanoke Valley Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Congestion Management Plan
- Financially Constrained Long Range Transportation Plan (CLRTP)
- Park and Ride Study
- Planning for Elderly and Disabled Mobility
- Roanoke Valley Area Ozone Early Action Plan (EAP)
- Route 419 Corridor Study
- Rural Bikeway Plan
- Rural Regional Long Range Transportation Plan
- Transportation Improvement Program