Court Services Division, Community Outreach Division
The Roanoke County Sheriff's Office Court Services Division includes the civil process and court security units as well as the professional standards unit. The primary objectives of the civil division are:
- Carry out all judgments imposed by the courts
- Serve all civil process papers in a timely manner
- Roanoke County Sheriff's Office is not responsible for service of either preliminary or emergency protective orders. All protective orders issued for Roanoke County residents are served by the Roanoke County Police Department
- Assure compliance with accreditation standards
- Hiring, training, and development of staff
Division Captain - Community Outreach
Military Training, Deployments & Awards
- To be faithful to not only fellow law enforcement officers but to the community with respect and trust.
- To treat others as you want to be treated. To be courteous and respectful even under stressful and negative situations.
- To communicate with confidence, honesty, integrity, and morally.
- To put the welfare of others before our own interest.
- To act professionally on and off duty and serve the citizens of Roanoke County to the best of my ability.
Division Captain - Court Services
Captain Mark Crouch is a native of the Roanoke Valley, growing up in Salem. Prior to serving the citizens of Roanoke County, he worked 11 years in the airline industry as a station manager and trainer, as well as serving a period in the U.S. Army. He was stationed in Erlangen, Germany with the 1st Armored Division during the final years of the Cold War. He has currently served in a public service role since May 2000. He is a DCJS certified Firearms Instructor and General Instructor for the Roanoke County Sheriff's Office.
He is married to his wonderful and supportive wife, Kagan. Together, they have one son and are very active in his life. His family is very active in their church and he strongly supports the Christian ideals that founded this great nation. Captain Crouch enjoys spending time with his family, fishing, and shooting sports. A personal goal of his is to obtain his private pilot's license in the next several years.
He is proud to serve the citizens of the Roanoke Valley and looks forward to continuing ushering them into a safer future.
- U.S. Army M1A1 Armor Crewman School
- Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy
- Virginia Tech - General Studies
- VWCC - General Studies (emphasis on Criminal Justice) National College - Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- DCJS Firearms Instructor, DCJS General Instructor, Reid School of Interrogation and Interviews
- Military and Law Enforcement Awards
- Good Conduct Medal (U.S. Army)
- "Top Gun" Award (Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy)