As the Roanoke Valley implements Governor Northam’s phased reopening, many of us are returning to the workplace for the first time in several months – which means returning to the daily commute.
For many, commuting involves bicycling to work. The daily bike commute is a chance to get outside, to enjoy the natural beauty of the Roanoke Valley, and to say hello to our neighbors as we ride by. We also appreciate that we are reducing vehicle emissions that contribute to air pollution and climate change, while getting a bit of exercise.
During the COVID-19 pandemic another important reason to consider bike commuting is health and safety.
A recent study by the Transportation Research Board determined that commuters perceive that traveling by bike is second only to traveling in a personal vehicle in terms of risk of disease transmission. Therefore, many expect to continue to travel by bike even after the pandemic subsides.
To support your employees' health and safety by improving their commute RIDE Solutions
can assist you in these ways:
If you are interested in encouraging your employees to bike to work, call us at 540-342-9393 or email Jeremy Holmes. You can also download the RIDE Solutions app to your mobile device or register at https://ridesolutions.org/ to get a jump-start on your own bike commuting adventure.
- Bike Commuting 101 classes and training for new bike commuters
- Assistance in making facilities friendly for bike commuters
- Safe bike routes and Bike Buddy programs through the RIDE Solutions app
- Rewards for every trip your employees take on a bike
- Reporting for your business: Environmental impact, dollars saved, calories burned
- Assistance in becoming a certified Bicycle Friendly Business by the League of American Bicyclists