Roanoke County Public Library Reopening Plans: Hollins Library
(Roanoke County, VA— October 12, 2020) – Roanoke County Public Library (RCPL) is reopening the Hollins Library, located on Peters Creek Road in Roanoke, on Monday, October 19. RCPL reopened the South County Library at the end of September and plans to reopen Glenvar and Vinton later this fall.
Similar to South County, Hollins will be open by reservation for County residents, Monday through Saturday from 10:00am-5:00pm, with visitors not to exceed 25% normal occupancy. Patrons may make reservations for one hour time slots starting October 14 via the library’s website, roanokecountyva.gov/library, or by calling at 540-561-8024. The library will close for cleaning from 1:00pm-2:00pm each day.
Upon arrival, patrons will receive information about the new protocols. Masks are required for anyone over three years- old, and will be available for free at the library, along with hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
The library will look a bit different and services will be limited.
- While in the library patrons may browse the collection, use computer stations, and seek staff help via a barrier or at 6-feet distance to abide by social distancing guidelines.
- Containers will be placed around the library for all items that have been handled but not chosen to take home.
- Meeting rooms and other enclosed spaces will remain closed.
- On-site programming will be limited to outdoors with social distancing requirements. For a list of upcoming events, please visit the library’s website.
- All virtual programming and curbside pick-up and drop-off of materials will continue
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @rocopublib and subscribe to our YouTube Channel by searching for the library.
RCPL is here to guide you from your now to your next. There are six libraries in Roanoke County: South County, Bent Mountain, Glenvar, Hollins, Mount Pleasant, and Vinton. For more information, call (540) 772-7507 or visit rocolibrary.org. Connect with us on social media: @rocopublib.