Assistant County Administrator Rebecca E. Owens has direct responsibility for several Roanoke County departments, including:
- Communication and Information Technology
- General Services
- Real Estate Valuation
Ms. Owens also serves as a liaison to the following external agencies and constitutional offices:
- Commissioner of the Revenue
- Roanoke County Public Schools
Rebecca Owens served as Roanoke County's Director of Finance from 2003 until 2019 where she held responsibility for oversight of:
- Debt Management
- Financial Systems
- Grant Management
- Risk Management
Prior to coming to Roanoke County in 2000, Owens worked for the City of Salem in the Finance Department.
Boards & Commissions
Owens is currently appointed to represent Roanoke County on several agency boards and committees, including the:
- Community Policy and Management Team (CPMT)
- Local Finance Board
- Roanoke Valley Resource Authority
- South Peak Community Development Authority
- Western Virginia Regional Jail Authority
Owens holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Averett University and a Bachelor of Business Administration from Roanoke College.
She is professionally active as a member of the Government Finance Officers' Association and Virginia Government Finance Officers' Association, where she served as President in 2006 to 2007.