You received a job offer.
|Important: Before your first day… please review all information on this page, open the New Hire Form link below, fill out form, print one sided copies and bring all documents with you on your first day of employment.
The forms located here work best using a Windows PC with Internet Explorer and an Adobe PDF reader. Iphone/Ipad and Android phones may not have the software to open and complete the forms and we cannot guarantee that they would work. If you need access to a PC as we suggested, we recommend you visit your local County of Roanoke Library. They have computers that have the ability to fill in the standard New Hire Forms. If you are having issues printing the New Hire Forms, you will have an opportunity to complete them on the first day of employment with your manager.
New Hire Form
Please do not sign your documents until you attend the Benefits Orientation.
|If you received a job offer with...
- Social Services
- Clerk of Circuit Court
- Commonwealth’s Attorney
- Court Services
- Parks, Rec & Tourism
- General Services (Custodian)
Please see the Child Protective Services Background Checks page for an extra form you will need along with the New Hire Forms for employment.
List of all documents you will need to bring with you on your first day of employment.
SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
ID FOR I-9 PURPOSES (See I-9 form for list of acceptable documents).
A VOIDED CHECK OR DEPOSIT SLIP. Required for mandatory payroll direct deposit.
DATES OF BIRTH FOR DEPENDENTS, for benefits enrollment.
SECONDARY INSURANCE COVERAGE POLICY INFORMATION. You will need the Insurance Carrier name, address, phone number, policy effective dates (beginning and ending) and the Policy/ID number.
Additional Requirements for enrollment in County of Roanoke Insurance plans:
Proof of Marital Status
• First page of the federal tax return (you can black out financial information)
• Marriage Certificate State Issuing Driver's License
Proof of Dependent Eligibility - Child
• Birth Certificate
• Adoption Paperwork
• Court Order
• Hospital Birth Record
• Custody Agreement*
• Qualified Medical Child Support Order*
• Divorce Decree*
*Must include a statement of responsibility for health coverage.
Proof of Dependent Eligibility - Step Child
• A copy of the birth certificate reflecting the name of the natural parent
• Proof that the policyholder (employee) and the natural parent are married (acceptable documentation is reflected above).
Dependent Social Security Numbers for Health Insurance
• If you are enrolling in Roanoke County's health insurance plan, you will need to provide the Social Security number for yourself and any eligible dependents you enroll. This information is required under the Affordable Care Act ("ACA"). Employers are required to report information to the IRS about individuals who are enrolled in the employer's health plan
How to obtain Social Security Card Copies or new Dependent SSN’s:
Social Security Card Copy
• If you do not have a Social Security Card, you must apply for one at the Social Security Administration office, 612 S. Jefferson St. Roanoke Virginia. Phone 800-772-1213.
How do I obtain a Social Security number or ITIN for my dependent if he or she does not have one?
• To obtain a Social Security number, you will need to complete Form SS-5, Application for a Social Security Card. For more information, please visit the Social Security website at www.ssa.gov.
• To obtain an ITIN, you must complete IRS Form W-7, IRS Application for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. For more information, please visit the IRS website at www.irs.gov. An ITIN is a tax processing number only available to certain nonresident and resident aliens, their spouses, and dependents who cannot get a Social Security number. lt is a nine-digit number, beginning with the number "9" and formatted like a Social Security number (xxx-xx-xxxx)