Click to Home
Go To Search
Name Changes
The following information is provided as a convenience to those interested in name changes pursuant to State Law, but it should not be construed as legal advice.

Changing a name upon marriage does not require a Court Order.  Begin using the new name immediately after the marriage ceremony.

Reverting to a maiden name after the final divorce decree requires a separate petition. The Application for Change of Name and Order may be obtained from the Clerk's Office. The filing fee is $35.00.

Other places to change your name
  • Social Security - Complete Social Security Administration Form SS-5 and either mail or take it to your nearest Social Security Office.  For more information about changing your social security records, go to the Social Security Administration.
  • Driver's License - Bring your driver's license, social security card and a certified copy of your marriage record to the DMV
  • Voter Registration - notify the Registrar's Office of your name change.
  • Personal Property - Notify the Commissioner of the Revenue of your name change within 30 days.

There may be other agencies, businesses and/or associates that may need to be notified that your name has changed.

Jennifer Vest
Deputy Clerk