Click to Home
Go To Search
Registration / State Licensing
Recording a Trade Name or General Partnership

General Partnerships and trade names must be recorded with the Clerk of Circuit Court.  There is a one-time $10.00 fee required, with a separate check made payable to Clerk of Circuit Court. For questions contact Clerk of Circuit Court at (540) 387-6205 or see the web page at:

Register a Corporation or Limited Partnership

All corporations (foreign and domestic) and limited partnerships conducting business in Virginia must register with the Virginia State Corporation Commission.  To become incorporated in Virginia, an organization must file trade names, DBA’s, articles of incorporation and amendments with the SCC.

State Corporation Commission
P.O. Box 1197
Richmond, VA 23209
(804) 371-9733

State Contractors License
All contractors who bid upon or undertake single jobs of $1,000 or more must register with the State Board of Contractors.

Class A - $120,000 or more     Class B - $10,000 - $119,999       Class C-  $1,000 - $9,999

Board of Contractors
3600 West Broad St.
Richmond, VA  23230
(804) 367-8511

Testing: PSI Examination Services  (800) 733-9267

Alcoholic Beverage License

Central Office  (804) 213-4565

Roanoke Office
2943 D. Peters Creek Road
Roanoke, VA  24019
(540) 562-3604

Department of Health

Roanoke County/Vinton Health Dept.
227 S. Pollard St.
Vinton, VA  24179
(540) 857-7807

Roanoke County Health Dept.
1502 Williamson Rd. NE
Civic Mall - Second Floor
(540) 204-9764

Federal Taxes

For general tax information or questions regarding:

Federal Employer Identification Number
Employee Income Taxes
Individual, Partnership, and Corporate Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax
(800) 829-1040

Virginia Taxes

For general tax information call (804) 367-8031
For retail sales tax information call (804) 367-8037

Worker’s Compensation

Worker’s Compensation Commission
1000 DMV Dr.
Richmond, VA  23220
(877) 664-2566

Virginia Employment Tax

Virginia Employment Commission
5060 Valley View Blvd
Roanoke, VA  24012
(540) 561-7525