Telephone: (540) 772-2004
Email Daniel R. O'Donnell
Roanoke County Administrator Daniel R. O'Donnell was appointed by the Board of Supervisors in December 2018, effective January 5, 2019.
The County Administrator has direct responsibility for several Roanoke County departments, including:
- Human Resources
- Management and Budget
- Economic Development
- Public Information
- Clerk to the Board of Supervisors
- Internal Audit
In addition to his administrative duties, Daniel R. O'Donnell serves on the following boards:
- Regional Juvenile Detention Commission – Chair 2012/2013
- Court-Community Corrections Criminal Justice Board
- Community Policy Management Team (CPMT) - Chair 2012/2013
- He also has served as project manager for major capital improvement projects including the Glenvar Library, Public Safety Center, and the Green Ridge Recreation Center.
Mr. O’Donnell has an extensive background in local government administration, including service as County Administrator for Steuben County, New York (1996-2000) and Berkeley County, West Virginia (1991-1996). Prior to
1991, he worked to promote economic development for two agencies in the Baltimore, Maryland area. He has a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from West Virginia University as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in History. He is a Certified Local Government Manager with the International City/County Management Association.
Mr. O’Donnell served as Roanoke County’s Assistant County Administrator from June 2000 through December 2018. O'Donnell also served as Interim County Administrator from August 2015 through December 2015.