Roanoke County provides free, weekly, curbside collection of garbage to licensed commercial establishments (including churches and church-run daycares), generating not more than three County-provided automated containers per week. The County will not provide collection to any apartment, office, or retail complex of more than five commercial establishments or to mobile home parks of any size. Commercial establishments generating over 300 gallons of refuse per week are required to secure private collection.
For businesses to be considered for collection, the following conditions must be met:
- Completion of Commercial Application.
- Upon receipt of the completed application, the Solid Waste Supervisor will verify that collection is feasible.
- The County will provide licensed commercial establishments one container at no cost; the commercial establishment may purchase up to two additional containers. Currently, we are unable to sell additional containers due to budget constraints.
- Commercial customers are subject to the rules pertaining to standard automated collection and all other County Solid Waste rules and procedures.
- Containers must be at the curb on the scheduled collection day by 7 a.m. and removed by 7 a.m. the day after collection.
- Bulk/brush or bagged leaf collection is not available to commercial customers.