F. Kevin Hutchins
5204 Bernard Dr.
Ph: (540) 772-2056
Fx: (540) 772-7514
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Treasurer's Office ensures the fiscal integrity of public funds and provides customer service for the billing and payment of the following:
Duties & Objectives
- Personal property taxes
- Real estate taxes
- Dog / cat licenses
- Parking tickets
- Billing and collection of current real estate and personal property taxes - Real estate taxes consist of over 84,000 bills annually and are billed in two halves. Current personal property taxes consist of over 115,000 bills annually.
- The Billing and collection of Delinquent Real Estate and Personal Property taxes. Delinquent billings are prepared and mailed 2 times a year.
- Pursuit of all other delinquent debt owed to the County of Roanoke.
- Reconciliation of all depository bank accounts for the County of Roanoke, other various departments, and external auditors.
- Chief Investment Officer for the County of Roanoke, the Treasurer oversees the County Investment Policy striving for the highest and safest investment returns while maintaining compliance with the Security for Public Funds Investment Act of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Additional Collections of Dog and Cat licenses, Parking Tickets, Department Invoices and Business Licenses.