Click to Home
Go To Search
Moving Out Town, County, or State
Moving To Another Locality In Virginia:

  • We will need documentation from the Commissioner of the Revenue's office, showing the month, day, and year the new locality began taxing the vehicle(s).

Moving Out Of State:  

**The dates shown on the documents below will be used to prorate your personal property taxes.**

  • Please provide a legible copy of your new registration card for each vehicle from the other state.
  • The registration card(s) you send must show date when first issued in the other state for you to receive the correct adjustment to your Personal Property taxes.
  • If no date is listed, you must have DMV provide documentation showing your re-title date for the other state.

Mail or fax copies to:

Mailing Address: 
Commissioner of the Revenue
P.O. Box 20409
Roanoke, VA. 24018  
Office Address:    
5204 Bernard Dr, First Floor 
Roanoke, VA 24018
Telephone: (540) 772-2046
Fax:  (540) 772-2015

Schedule of Proration:

See our Schedule of Proration.