RoCo Alert Citizen Alert System
|RoCo Alert is a citizen alert and warning system that Roanoke County will use to notify all Roanoke County households and businesses affected by, or in danger of being impacted by, a local emergency or disaster. Notifications will include important information about the event and any actions (such as evacuation) that officials are asking people to take.
Sign Up Here To Add Your VoIP, Cell Phone or Email
Set up an account to add your VoIP telephone (like Vonage or COX) or a cellular telephone if you would like to be notified on that device. Notifications will also be sent to the email address you use for the account. By entering your information, you agree that you may receive multiple messages from Roanoke County in the event of an emergency. Standard text message charges from your cell phone carrier may apply.
Learn more about RoCo Alert!
Log In To Manage Your Account
||RoCo Alert utilizes Roanoke County’s 9-1-1 telephone number database and will contact all listed and unlisted landline telephones when activated. If the number called is busy or does not answer, the system will redial the number in an attempt to deliver the message. The system is also TTY/TDD compatible.
- There is no cost for citizens to sign up to receive these alerts, but phone usage or text charges may apply.
- Notifications are tied to the address you enter.
- All telephone numbers you register will be called when a disaster or emergency affects the address associated with those telephone numbers.
- Alerts are based on geomapping and can be very specific to the address you register, down to a specific street or neighborhood if needed.
- Each email registered can only be associated with one residential or business address in the system.