Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
The Capital Improvement Program (CIP) is a detailed ten-year listing of projects submitted to the Board of Supervisors for approval. For the purposes of the CIP, a capital project is defined as having a countywide benefit, a cost in excess of $100,000, and a lifespan of over five years or, if funded by bonds, a lifespan at least equal to the length of the bond issue. This can include items such as reconstruction or replacement of buildings or equipment, new construction or development, and acquisition of property and equipment.
All Capital Improvement Program projects may be viewed on a map at this link: Roanoke County GIS CIP Project Viewer
On May 23, 2023, the Roanoke County Board of Supervisors adopted the Fiscal Year 2024 through Fiscal Year 2033 Capital Improvement Program. All Adopted Fiscal Year 2024 to Fiscal Year 2033 Capital Improvement Program documents below can be downloaded in PDF format.
Adopted Fiscal Year 2024 to Fiscal Year 2033 Capital Improvement Program (PDF) (Full Document)(Table of Contents linked to pages)
- Board of Supervisors, County Staff, Table of Contents, Transmittal Letter and CIP Overview (PDF)
- Funding and Expenditure Summaries (PDF)
- Assessments and Studies (PDF)
- Buildings and Facilities (PDF)
- Capital Maintenance Programs and Recurring (PDF)
- Computer Infrastructure, Software and Hardware (PDF)
- Transportation (PDF)
- Roanoke County Public Schools (PDF)
- Appendices (PDF)