RoCo Ready Emergency Information
Emergency Management information for Roanoke County residents in the event of an emergency or disaster.
There are no emergencies at this time.
>> View All Active Alerts
>> View Resources and Information
Checklists, helpful documents, and applications to help you prepare for an emergency.
|RoCo Ready and Floodplain Mapping
|Who to Call to Report Outages
|Safe Generator Usage and Preparations
|Safe Water Storage
Key Safety Messages
- Prepare an emergency kit and enough food, water and any prescription medications to last for at least 72 hours.
- Do not attempt to drive in flowing water. #TurnAroundDontDrown
- For immediate updates, please enter your phone cell phone number into our RoCo Alert Citizen Alert system.
- To report a power outage, please contact Appalachian Power at 1-800-956-4237.
- To report a water or sewage emergency, please contact the Western Virginia Water Authority at 540-853-5700.
- Report road hazards (blocked roads, etc.) directly to VDOT at 1-800-367-7623 or use the MyVDOT online form.
- Calls or texts to 9-1-1 should be reserved for medical, fire, or police emergency situations only.