Alterations to Existing Commercial Buildings

  1. Do I need a permit?
  2. Who should apply?
  3. Documents
  4. Resources
  5. Process
  6. Payment and Fees
  7. Typical Inspections
  8. Change of Use - Permanent or Temporary Certificate of Occupancy Process

If you are doing any of the following you will need a Commercial Building Permit …

(This is not an all-inclusive list. If you have a question as to whether you need a permit please call 540-772-2065)

•    Any Alterations or Tenant Upfit of a Commercial Use Building

**Note – Site work for Commercial Buildings will be submitted to the Development Review Division. One review of site plans will need to be executed and commented on before submitting building plans.