Submit Your Photos
As part of the ongoing campaign to promote our community as a great place to live, work and play, the Public Information Office is seeking photographs that reflect Roanoke County's Vision Statement:
"Roanoke County is a vibrant, innovative, and scenic community that values its citizens, heritage, and quality of life."
Recommended Subject Matter
- Culture and Art in Roanoke County
- Landscapes depicting Roanoke County's mountains, rivers or notable landmarks
- Nature and Animals
- Parks (if possible, people enjoying parks and park amenities)
- People and Activities, especially people enjoying outdoor activities in Roanoke County
Size & Quality
- Color Mode: RGB or CMYK (we can easily convert CMYK to RGB)
- Effects or cropping)
- File Types accepted include JPEG, TIFF, or PNG
- Images should be at least 2200 pixels wide (or about 1 Megabyte in size)
- Non-manipulated imagery will yield the best results (no Photoshop
- Resolution should be 72 dpi or higher
Composition & Recommendations
- Generic images that can be used during any time of the year
- Good images have an area of interest, include simple shapes, and create an impression or creates and emotion
- Seasonal images that reflect the four distinct seasons we enjoy in Roanoke County
Usage of Your Photographs
By submitting photographs to Roanoke County, you are telling us that you are the owner and give Roanoke County permission to use, in whole or part, any images you submit for the purpose of promoting Roanoke County's quality of life, news, or events. Photographs may be used in printed form, electronic media (websites, social media, etc.) and other media.
Please provide a brief description or caption for submitted photographs if possible, including the name(s) of the photographer.
Submitting Photos to Roanoke County
Photographs can be submitted by email to the Public Information Office.